There are “meh” and unique promotional products; custom keychains belong in the second category.
- Helpful: Custom keychains are practical items that make a person’s life easier. E.g., a flashlight keychain helps organize keys and helps the person in the dark.
- Budget-friendly: Most small organizations struggle to reach a broad audience because of the lack of a marketing budget. They need something practical that provides a good investment return; custom keychains fit the role wonderfully. Companies can produce promotional keychains in bulk without breaking a bank.
- Durable: Promotional products like custom socks, t-shirts, hoodies, notebooks, pens, etc., have a limited shelf life. Even the highest-quality socks and t-shirts will last for 2-3 years. But, a high-quality custom keychain will last 5-6 years easily. Your business will get almost daily and long-term exposure helping to ingrain your name into receivers’ minds.
- Versatile: A keychain is a highly versatile product; you can easily customize it according to your needs. E.g., If you have an outdoor adventure company, you can create custom carabiner keychains to value people’s lives and remind them of your business.
Things to consider when designing custom keychains:
Three important things to consider when creating promotional keychains:
- Design: The design of your promotional keychains will differentiate your business from your competition. Consider the number of keys the keychain can hold during the design process. You also want to think about the functionality you wish to provide. E.g., bottle opener keychains can help keep keys and help people enjoy their favorite beverages.
- Portability: One of the most significant advantages of using promotional keychains is their portability. You don’t want to make it too big that it would become tedious to carry around.
- Durability: You don’t want to give cheap-looking fragile keychains made from paper, clothes, etc. A keychain is made to be handled roughly; keep that in mind while designing.
- Budget: It is one of the essential factors in deciding how to create custom keychains.
- Customer type: What kind of customers are you looking to target? Whether your audience is young or high-value customers like business executives, CEOs, Directors, etc. You don’t want them to give low or average quality products.
- Distribution model: How are you looking to distribute keychains? Are you planning a public event like tradeshows, conferences, or handing out to a few selected people?
Although both the metallic and PVC custom keychains have pros and cons, metallic keychains come on top when it comes to durability and performance. They exude an elegant and luxurious look that will turn some heads and are suitable for high-value clients and customers. You can also give them to employees for receiving a milestone, birthdays, work anniversaries, holidays, etc.
Laser engraving and screen printing techniques create your logo and design on custom keychains. In the screen printing technique logo is applied to the surface of the keychain, while in the laser engraving, the material is removed, creating a permanent design on the keychain. The method helps provide a higher level of fine details to the artwork.