Urologist specialize in treating urinary tract disorders in both genders. In some cases, they may perform surgery. Endoscopic techniques, for example, can be used to remove cancer or unblock a urinary tract obstruction. Urologists work in hospitals, private clinics, and urology centers.
What Problems can the Best Urologist in Mumbai Treat?
Urologists treat a wide range of disorders that affect both men and women. These are some examples of such conditions:
- Urinary tract infections: Urinary tract infection symptoms include frequent urination during the day or night, a burning sensation while urinating, or the inability to control one’s urge to pass urine.
- Blood spots during urination: Infections, stones, urological cancer, and other factors can be responsible. Its symptoms are dark crimson or pink urine and tiny blood clots in the urine.
- Swollen testicles: These problems could be short-term or long-term. It may happen because of testicular cancer. If someone is experiencing pain in their testicles, it could be due to an infection, varicocele, or a tumor. If there is a sudden discomfort in the testis, it should be examined right away because a twisting of the blood supply to the testis could be the cause.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or enlarged prostate): It is a common ailment that affects men as they get older. When the prostate enlarges, the passage of urine out of the bladder may be obstructed, causing discomfort. It may also cause problems with the bladder, urethra, and kidneys.
- Interstitial cystitis is a chronic ailment that causes pressure in the bladder, pain in the bladder, and sometimes discomfort in the pelvis. Mild discomfort to excruciating agony can be felt. The illness falls under the umbrella term “painful bladder syndrome.”
- Infertility in men: If an erection fails to hold, ejaculation occurs prematurely, intercourse is painful, or the penis bends during erectile dysfunction. Low sperm counts, sperm deficiency, or non-motile sperm could all be blamed for male infertility.
- Kidney stones: Stones are common when urine becomes concentrated, allowing minerals to solidify and clump. It can occur due to poor diet, obesity, certain medical conditions, and certain supplements and drugs.
How do urologists detect an issue?
Urologic disorders are frequently diagnosed and screened by collecting urine and blood samples. Imaging tests such as a pyelogram, a cystogram, a CT scan or ultrasound of the kidney, a prostate/rectal ultrasonography, and renal angiography can provide insight into the kidney and urinary system. Clinicians use procedures such as cystometry and urine flow testing to determine whether or not a patient’s urinary function is within normal limits.
Some of the possible treatment options are:
- Antibiotics for infections
- Hormone therapy for prostate cancer
- Cialis or tadalafil medications that work on the PDE5 enzymes.
- Surgical procedures
It includes a number of moving parts, such as your kidneys, ureters, bladder and the urethra. Like other organs in the body, it can have problems. These problems are commonly known as urologic conditions or urologic diseases. Regardless of ethnicity or gender, you can experience urologic diseases.
Those facing any of the symptoms mentioned above can book an appointment with Nanavati Max Hospital and consult the best urologist in Mumbai as soon as possible.