The fact that the QuickBooks application operates on the company file is the primary reason why it is essential for the file to be updated on a regular basis. But what happens if something happens that impedes the process of backing up? This site, on the other hand, is devoted to just such an annoyance. During the rebuild process, the QuickBooks Error code skipped 111 will typically display after the backup has been completed successfully. The fact that the backup was functional at one point adds to the mystique surrounding the situation. However, you need not be concerned because our customer service team has provided you with this post in which we describe the most effective techniques to resolve this backup mistake.
Methods That Are Guaranteed to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code Skipped 111
These are the solutions that have proven successful for other users in fixing the QuickBooks error code skipped 111, and we hope that they will do the same for you. If you follow the procedures that are mentioned, the error will be resolved in a very short amount of time.
Method 1: If you’re having trouble with QuickBooks error 111, try refreshing your check.
Toggling the information about your paycheck will cause the paycheck to be refreshed. In the event that you are not familiar with the steps, the information that you need can be found here.
1. To begin, you will need to activate the paycheck and navigate to the Payee name option in order to make changes to the name.
2. Select “Save” from the menu.
3. You will need to navigate to the paycheck and change the payee name back to the one it was originally set to.
4. Again, press the Save button.
Now you should attempt to create a data backup and check to see whether the QuickBooks error code skipped 111 still occurs after you do so. If it does, you should go to the next method of fixing the issue.
Also read more: QuickBooks Tool hub
Technique 2: Access QBWin.log
The following method requires you to open the QBWin.log file using the QuickBooks Product Information screen as your starting point. You will be able to understand what causes the QuickBooks Problem code skipped 111 and what kind of error is in the QuickBooks company file by carrying out the steps in the aforementioned guide. The steps necessary to implement this solution are as follows.
1. Launch QuickBooks Desktop, then while you’re on the application’s home page, click the F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously. The Product Information window will open when you use this command.
2. The next step is to bring up the Tech Help window by pressing F3 or Ctrl + 2.
3. You will need to select the Open File tab, then click on the QBWin.log file.
4. Select the Open File option from the menu.
5. You will need to press the Ctrl key and the F key simultaneously, then type “Begin Verify” into the search field.
On your log file, you will notice that the most recent entry of Begin Verify has been highlighted.
In order to fix the QuickBooks error code skipped 111, you will first need to discover the erroneous payroll checks in the company file. After that, you will need to delete the checks.
Method Three: Deleting the Paycheck and Creating a New One
In the following step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of refreshing your system by deleting and then recreating the paycheck. If you follow these steps, you will finally be able to fix the error 111.
Delete a paycheck by following these steps:
1. You need to seek for the incorrect paycheck and click on it when you find it.
Select the Edit option from the menu.
2. Choose the Delete Paycheck option (or press the Control key and the D key simultaneously on your keyboard).
3. You will be prompted for confirmation before the paycheck is removed from the account. When you receive the notice that asks, “Are you sure you want to delete this paycheck? “, click OK. “, select the OK button.
4. Next, you will need to generate pay checks; the following stages will guide you through this process:
a) Navigate to the Employees tab, and then click the Pay Employees button.
b) On the screen, you will be given a list of essential details to type in.
c) Choose the Save and Close option from the menu.
Also see more: QuickBooks Error OL 222