Having a charging port on your hovsco ebike battery is a great feature. Having the ability to charge various devices while out and about is convenient. But what if you want to use your charger? Adding a USB charging port or ports to your E-bike battery can be done fairly easily and cheaply by following these simple steps:
E-bike USB charging ports
You can have a USB charging or multiple ports on your hovsco ebikes battery. Don’t worry; you don’t have to be a professional to do this. All you need is a solder and basic electronics and wiring knowledge. Add a USB charging port or multiple ports. First, we need to remove the panel from the battery casing. This will expose all of the components within your hovsco E-bike battery.
Adding a USB port to your hovsco electric bike battery is fairly simple. There are several ways you can go about doing this.
- You can buy a kit with all the parts you need. This will cost more than buying parts individually. But it’s worth considering if you don’t want to spend hours looking up what each part does and where to buy them.
- You can buy an assembled port from a third party. If you already have some experience with soldering or electronics. It saves time and money by not having to source individual components yourself.
- You can order the parts and assemble them yourself. This is probably the cheapest way of doing things. There will be no shipping costs involved because everything is local.
You will need to modify the battery pack slightly and replace some of the components with ones that have USB outputs. First, you must purchase a charge controller and a battery management system (BMS), which have USB ports and are compatible with your E-bike. Next, purchase a charging port for either connector USB or Micro USB. Then buy an enclosure for your new charging port.
Make sure this enclosure makes room for both cables from both sides of your E-bike’s new charging port. You might also consider buying some sealant if moisture enters through cracks between pieces. You should do it before sealing them completely shut later down this process. Otherwise, water could leak into sensitive components causing damage over time. Once you have sourced all the necessary items, you will need to disassemble the battery case to access the cells inside.
You will need:
- A screwdriver (flathead)
- A Dremel tool with a cutting wheel or similar devices.
- Connect the short (A) end of a USB cable to the port assembly.
- Connect a USB cable’s long (B) end to your computer or another device.
- After this, you can test your new setup by turning off all other power sources and unplugging all other devices. And then plugging in an external device like a phone or tablet.
- You should be able to charge your phone or tablet from your hovsco E-bike battery.
Adding a USB charging port to your hovsco E-bike battery is easy. If you want to charge your phone, tablet, or other devices while riding and don’t already have one. You can buy an aftermarket kit that includes everything you need. This is especially helpful if you live in an area where it rains often. It protects the charging port from getting wet during the ride.
The most important thing to remember is that you should have the right parts before you start this project. You can get an e bike tax credit for availing discounts on ebikes. The last thing you want is to find out halfway through that no parts are available for installation. Or that the cables are not compatible with your hovsco battery pack.