Have you ever encountered QuickBooks error 2000? The warning message, “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for the download,” comes up when a user starts facing problems while accessing its online banking in QuickBooks Desktop. The issue is usually with the bank account. However, there might be a problem with the QuickBooks application as well. If such a problem arises, it can affect both QB and bank account and restrict you from doing your essential work. Read this detailed article until the end to know the causes of the error and different ways to troubleshoot it.
To clear out all your queries related to the error message 2000, directly call our technical support team through 1-888-704-1357.
What Triggers the Error Code 2000 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Are you stuck and unable to understand the exact reasons behind the QB error 2000? You must go through the points below in order to know what really causes the issue-
- The first possible reason for encountering the error message is that you have not updated your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Second, there might be damage to the QBWUSER.ini and DataStore.ecml files.
- Another probability is that one of your online bank accounts has been inactive, due to which you are incurring the problem repeatedly.
Read more: QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Methods to Debug the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 2000
Are you struggling to search for the best yet quick ways to remove the error 2000 in QB? Well, your search ends here. Check out the troubleshooting methods we have given below. Make sure you follow each and every step precisely-
SOLUTION 1: See If Any Newest Updates are Available for your QuickBooks Desktop or Not
- Exit QuickBooks and click on the ‘Start’ section on your Windows desktop.
- In the search bar, type QuickBooks and right-click on the application icon.
- Tap on the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Move to the No Company Open screen and select the ‘Help’ menu.
- Hit ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Now, on the ‘Options’ menu, hit ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’.
- Hit the ‘Update Now’ tab and checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Download the updates by clicking on ‘Get Updates’.
- Finally, exit and re-launch QuickBooks and install the downloaded updates.
SOLUTION 2: Rename the QBWUSER.ini and DataStore.ecml Files
- Go to your Windows desktop and open File Manager by pressing the ‘Windows + E’ keys.
- Move to the company file folder and locate the QBWUSER.ini file.
- To edit the name of the file, right-click on it and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Change the name by adding ‘.OLD’ at the end of the file name.
- Proceed with these similar steps to rename the DataStore.ecml file.
- At last, run your QuickBooks again and check whether the error has disappeared or not.
Read more: QuickBooks 2023 Unrecoverable Error
Solution 3: Use Intuit Tool Hub to Diagnose Company File
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub From Intuit.com.
- Next, Install it.
- Open the install program.
- After that, Run Quick Fix my program.
We suppose after reading this blog on QuickBooks error 2000; you must have been able to resolve the issue completely. However, due to some minor glitch, the problem might not go away. In that case, have a consultation with one of our QuickBooks professionals at Toll-Free 1-888-704-1357.